Shikata Akiko just had a concert a few days ago, for those who are interested. Here’s the tracklist:
- Opening Movie
- Harukanaru Tabiji (遥かなる旅路)
- Movie -Chi no Shou- (-地の章-) EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/.
- Mahoroba (まほろば)
- Movie -Mizu no Shou- (-水の章-)
- Aoiro Kandzume (オイロ缶詰)
- Tsuisouka (追想花)
- Kalliope -カリオペ
- Movie -Kaze no Shou- (-風の章-)
- Umineko no Naku Koro ni (うみねこのなく頃に)
- Roma no Musume (ロマの娘)
- Utakata no Hana (うたかたの花)
- Kaze to Rashinban (風と羅針盤 )
- Movie -Hi no Shou- (-火の章-)
- Haresugita no Sora no Shita de (晴れすぎた空の下で)
- Kinkanshoku (金環蝕)
- Uzumebi (埋火)
- METHOD_METAFALICA/.EXEC_over.METHOD_SUBLIMATION/.～ee wassa sos yehar
- Harmonia ~Mihatenu Chi e~ (～見果てぬ地へ～)
- EXEC_PAJA/.#Misya extracting (Encore)
The concert is separated into 4 sections: Earth, Water, Wind and Fire element, similar to the Harmonia album. Each section is introduced by a “movie”, not sure what that involves, but it’s probably some artsy video accompanied by her music.
When I first saw the list, my feelings were mixed. I was happy, depressed, surprised at the same time.
Happy because the songs she performed are almost perfect.The earth section (Chi no Shou) is probably my favourite, with Mahoroba, Chronicle Key and Metafalica to boot, I don’t think it could be more perfect. The other sections aren’t too shabby either, and the amount of Ar Tonelico songs is unimaginable.
Depressed because I wasn’t able to see Shikata performing all these amazing songs live. Hopefully she’ll release a DVD, but I doubt it…
Surprised because I thought it was a Harmonia concert, and I expected only Harmonia songs. And probably because of that, I felt that I missed out even more…
On another slightly related note, Tsuchiya Akira (Gust Sound Team) had written some words (casual review) on Shikata’s Harmonia album.
Couldn’t be bothered translating the whole thing, but he felt that the album is very well made, and the songs for different sections of elements are beautifully crafted. Oh, he also admitted that his re-arrangement of the Ar Tonelico 2 opening song is a bit “weird”.