Ceui’s music has always had this um… interesting aura and style to her songs, and I’ve been growing to like them more and more. Incidentally, all her songs in recent years are written by the same composer – Odaka Koutarou (小高光太郎), and this probably explains the consistency in terms of quality and arrangement.
Anyway Glassy Heaven is a compilation of songs from her singles and other theme songs she had done before. There’s no new music but the tracks selected are solid and I am pretty happy with it. Okay maybe slightly disappointed that Karisu (カリス) from the Tales of the Abyss Image Album isn’t included.
Her music is probably not everyone’s cup of tea, and this album will serve as a good gateway album and save people some trouble to download multiple singles to give her music a try.
- Prayer (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts3/media/090722ceui-prayer.mp3?attredirects=0
- mellow melody (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts3/media/090722ceui-mellowmelody.mp3?attredirects=0
- Towa no Kotoba (永久のコトバ) (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts3/media/090722ceui-towanokotoba.mp3?attredirects=0
- Paranoia (パラノイア) (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts3/media/090722ceui-paranoia.mp3?attredirects=0
- Prelude ~Unmei no Kakera~ (運命の欠片) (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts3/media/090722ceui-prelude-unmeinokakera-.mp3?attredirects=0
- Kokoro no Tsubasa (心の翼) (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts3/media/090722ceui-kokoronotubasa.mp3?attredirects=0