A trailer for Shimotsuki’s Concert DVD (Fantasy concert held last year on 23/11) is out. It can be watched here on Youtube.
Pre-order will include Thindaria no Tane and Griotte no Nemuri Hime postcards. The DVD is released on February 24th and it can be pre-ordered here. Definitely worth getting if you missed the concert, this is the first chance to get a glimpse of Shimotsuki performing live. Songs performed are all the tracks from Thindaria no Tane and about half of Griotte’s.
The much anticipated (at least for small portion of fans) Ar tonelico III hymmnos concert discs are released a few days ago.
Here’s the tracklist:
咲夜琉命 ～SAKIYA=RUMEI Ar tonelico III hymmnos concert side. 蒼～
- Legend of Ar tonelico III
- Utau Oka (謳う丘)～Harmonics TILIA～ <Shikata Akiko> (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts4/media/100130at3hymmnos-utauoka~HarmonicsTILIA~.mp3?attredirects=0&d=1
- EXEC_EP=NOVA/. <Shikata Akiko>
- EXEC_FLIP_ARPHAGE/. <Shikata Akiko> (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts4/media/100130at3hymmnos-EXEC_FLIP_ARPHAGE_..mp3?attredirects=0&d=1
- Toki no Suna (トキノスナ) <Shikata Akiko>
- EXEC_METEMPSYCHOSIS/. <Yoko> (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts4/media/100130at3hymmnos-EXEC_METEMPSYCHOSIS_..mp3?attredirects=0&d=1
- EXEC_REBIRTHIA=PROTOCOL/. <KOKIA> (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts4/media/100130at3hymmnos-EXEC_REBIRTHIA%3DPROTOCOL_..mp3?attredirects=0&d=1
- EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/. <KOKIA> (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts4/media/100130at3hymmnos-EXEC_COSMOFLIPS_..mp3?attredirects=0&d=1
- Hikari no Naka ni (光の中に) <KOKIA>
- Ec Tisia <Shikata Akiko> (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts4/media/100130at3hymmnos-EcTisia.mp3?attredirects=0&d=1
- Planet Gene
珠洲ノ宮 ～SUZUNO=MIYA Ar tonelico III hymmnos concert side. 紅～
- Kaze Shirushi (風標) <Inoue Azumi>
- EXEC_CUTYPUMP/. <Au> (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts4/media/100130at3hymmnos-EXEC_CUTYPUMP_..mp3?attredirects=0&d=1
- EXEC_FLIP_FUSIONSPHERE/. <Shimotsuki Haruka> (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts4/media/100130at3hymmnos-EXEC_FLIP_FUSIONSPHERE_..mp3?attredirects=0&d=1
- EXEC_ViiBaCi_MjiiRa/. <Shimotsuki Haruka>
- chmod b111000000/n <Yula Yayoi> (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts4/media/100130at3hymmnos-chmodb111000000_n.mp3?attredirects=0&d=1
- EXEC_Z/. <Tougawa Haruka> (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts4/media/100130at3hymmnos-EXEC_Z_..mp3?attredirects=0&d=1
- METHOD_HYMMELI/. <Katakiri Rekka>
- XaaaCi. <Mitose Noriko> (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts4/media/100130at3hymmnos-XaaaCi.mp3?attredirects=0&d=1
- Hoshimeguri no Uta (星巡りの詩) <Shimotsuki Haruka> (sample) http://sites.google.com/site/depthcharge101posts4/media/100130at3hymmnos-hoshimegurinouta.mp3?attredirects=0&d=1
I don’t think I’ve listened enough to have a strong opinion on the music yet, but I am feeling confident on the blue disc and the inclusion of all the new singers have definitely brought a whole new definition to the Hymmnos “genre”, but whether that’s good or bad it’s something that has yet to be decided. I am definitely liking KOKIA’s song, and it’s only going to grow better. Contrary to Shikata’s style, KOKIA’s tracks are more soulful, more elegant, and ever healing. Wished Ueno Yoko had a chance to do a little more, it’s a little hard to build a strong impression with only 1 track to boot.
The red side… I’m still feeling very mixed about it. Shimotsuki’s song are of no surprise, consistent with the Hymmnos performance she had so far. Probably because of how “exotic” most other songs are, Shimotsuki’s tracks feel like a neutralizer to the album and at the moment are the better of the bunch. Have a try at the red side and see for yourself, I still couldn’t quite take CUTYPUMP, EXEC_Z feels like a failed J-pop track struggling to blend in some Hymmnos style, and tracks like chmod (any *nix geek would be able to understand this : P) and XaaaCi might be a little overcooked. But having said that, I am still feeling a little optimistic that these songs might grow a little more once I’ve experienced the context in the game and hopefully the music will live up to the expectation.
It is also good to note that on the blue disc, all the singers wrote their songs and they are experienced, well-established singer/songwriters. Pretty sure most people would know KOKIA, and Ueno Yoko used be a member of ZABADAK, who is pretty influential back in the 80s and 90s (in Japan at least). On the other hand, I have to say I haven’t heard most of the new singers on the red side and they are performing only one song written by non-GUST composers. One could only wonder why the significant difference in terms of production style and process between the two discs….